Kawanhee Inn Information and Policies
For the enjoyment of all our guests and the preservation of this unique place, please take notice of the following information and policies.
- Our rates are based on double occupancy and taxes are not included. Therefore any additional people over 10 years of age are assessed a fee of $20.
The Kawanhee Inn, cabins, and all rooms are strictly designated non-smoking. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in forfeiture of your stay. Smoking is prohibited on deck or near dining area.
- Check in is at 3:00 pm and check out time is at 10:00 am.
- Dogs are permitted on Kawanhee Inn lakeside grounds& cabins with pre-approval from management.
- Daily pull-ups are done in the Inn rooms.
- The white bath towels provided in each room are for showering. They are not to be used at the beach. Beach towels are available at the front desk. There is a lost towel charge of $10.00.
- Excessive wear in your room or cabin will result in a cleaning fee of $25.00 per ½ hour and damages are charged to your credit card.
- At the end of your stay, please leave your key in your cabin or room.
- Restaurant seating is available Wednesday-Sunday; from 5pm to 9pm. Reservations are strongly suggested.
- Bar service is available from 5:00pm to 9:00pm.
- The Bistro Menu is available from 5:00pm to 9:00pm and will be served in the Moose Room and on the open deck.
- Complimentary Continental Breakfast for all overnight guests is served from 7:30am to 9:30am.
- The Kawanhee Inn and Maine State Law prohibit the consumption of alcohol by anyone under the age of 21.
- Maine State Law further prohibits the consumption of alcohol on Inn grounds unless such alcohol is purchased from licensed Inn staff.
Recreation & Grounds
- Access to the Kawanhee Inn Beach is available for overnight guests only. The designated Kawanhee Inn Beach is marked by a cedar post. Please use this beach area only. Beach hours are limited from dawn to dark and fires are prohibited.
- Use of the Inn’s canoes and kayaks are free for all overnight guests. Guests are required to sign in for equipment at the front desk. Lost or unreturned equipment will result in a credit card charge for any cost incurred by the Inn. Depending on availability, a two hour limit may apply.
- At 10:00pm we ask that all guests respect the quietness and solitude of the Inn and take care to keep any noise at a minimum.
- In case of a over night emergency, please use the phone located on the table of the entrance way`, and dial 911. If you need Inn assistance, please call 207-585-2149 or 207-585-2000.
The above policies are in place for the health, safety, and enjoyment of all our guests. We thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Sincerely, Inn Management