Dog Friendly Policy
As dog lovers ourselves we know that travelling without your friendly four legged companions is like leaving a piece of your heart at home; therefore, the Kawanhee Inn is happy to welcome dogs to join their families while enjoying Maine’s beautiful western mountains and Webb Lake.
Interested guests are asked to acknowledge and review the Dog Policies below and to call ahead for availability, as pet accommodations are limited. Policies will be strictly enforced.
- Guest must provide a $200.00 pet deposit upon arrival.
- The Inn reserves the right to charge additional fees for costs including but not limited to cleaning, repair, and/or replacement of damaged items as a result of your pet’s actions.
- A fee of $35.00 per dog per night will apply.
- Dogs must not be left alone in Cabins unless they are crated and a cell phone number should be provided for emergencies.
- Dogs must be walked on a leash at all times .
- Proof of current vaccinations shall be provided 10 days prior to arrival.
- Dogs are not allowed inside the Main Inn building except on arrival and check in.
- Owners are required to clean up after dogs immediately & utilize designated areas whenever possible.
- These policies may change at any time and the Kawanhee Inn reserves the right to cancel accommodations at any time for violations of any policies above or should the Kawanhee Inn deem in its sole discretion that a cancellation is necessary for the safety or protection of the Inn property or guests.
Dog Breeds Welcome:
While Kawanhee Inn is pleased to provide a dog friendly environment and understand that all dogs deserve to enjoy travel with their families we have chosen, at this time, to restrict the following breeds, (excluding Certified Service Dogs) from staying at the Inn: Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Huskies, Malamutes, Dobermans, German Shepards, Boxers and additional guard dog breeds. We appreciate your understanding of this policy and would be happy to recommend additional accommodations within the State of Maine that provide accommodations for these breeds.
By bringing your dog to the Kawanhee Inn you are agreeing and acknowledging that the Kawanhee Inn is not responsible for any injury or damage that your pet may cause to the Inn’s property or other guests and that you, the Pet owner, are liable for all causes arising from your pet’s action and that you will indemnify the Kawanhee Inn and its owners for any and all such actions.