Directions from Portland and Auburn, Maine to the Kawanhee Inn & Restaurant
- From Portland, follow the signs for the Maine Turnpike heading north.
- Continue to follow the signs for the Turnpike (I-95) and proceed north approximately 30 miles to Exit 75 (The Auburn Exit).
- After exiting the turnpike turn left at the traffic light onto Rt. 4 North.
- Proceed through the city of Auburn maintaining your course on Rt. 4 for approximately 18 miles until you reach Rt.108 on your left.
- Turn left onto Rt.108 towards Rumford, travel for approximately 17 miles to a flashing yellow light and signs for the Rt. 2 junction.
- Turn right at the flashing yellow light (Blaisdell’s Gas Station will be on your right) then travel over the bridge.
- At the stop sign turn right onto Rt.2 and proceed approximately ¼ mile to the traffic light. (A Bangor Savings Bank is on the corner of this intersection)
- At the light turn left onto Weld Road (Rt. 142)
- Proceed approximately 11.5 miles to the Kawanhee Inn. Continue past Camp Kawanhee to the Inn, please enter by at the Inn sign.
Directions from Rangeley, Maine
- Follow Rt. 4 South towards Phillips, Maine for approximately 20 miles.
- Turn right onto Rt. 142 South toward Weld, Maine for approximately 12 miles – The Inn will be on you right. (*Note: Rt. 142 makes a sharp turn in the center of Weld, you’ll come to an intersection with a 4-way stop sign. Turn right at this intersection (by the Weld General Store) to continue on Rt. 142.
Directions from Farmington, Maine
- Take Rt. 2 West out of Farmington towards Wilton, Maine.
- Turn onto Depot Street (Rt. 156).
- Follow Depot street to the end, about 1 mile and turn right onto Main Street
- Make a quick(425 ft.) right onto Rt. 156 West towards Weld, Maine.
- Travel on Rt. 156 West for approximately 13 miles to the center of Weld village.
- Turn left at the 4-way stop next to the Weld General Store
- Continue on Rt. 142 South for about 1.5 to 2 miles – The Inn will be on you right.